WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage caused to you by using glycolic peels. THEY CAN CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE IF USED INCORRECTLY. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Do you have acne-ridden skin with visible scarring? Do you want younger smoother, shiny skin? Then glycolic skin peel treatment may be your answer!
Many of us are not gifted with the genes of good skin. Our skin sheds the outer layer of dead skin every few weeks. But for some of us, this does not happen effectively. Glycolic skin peels melt the outer dead skin layers to uncover smooth radiant fresh skin devoid of acne and related scars.
In India, you would have to go to a dermatologist to get the skin peel done in multiple sessions burning a hole in your pocket. Dermatologists would go out of business if I told you that you can get months worth of treatment done right at home at a fraction of the cost.
LIFE CHANGING TREATMENT RIGHT AT HOME!
Glycolic peels are not available over-the-counter in India, however you can buy them online from sites like ebay.com. A 1-ounce bottle will cost you around 800/- including shipping to India and it will last several months.
But glycolic acid peels are not to be taken lightly. It is acid after all. There are strict guidelines on how to apply, how much to apply, and how often to apply. Failing this, you could end up with severe skin burns. These peels come in various concentrations like 5 to 50%. A beginner should not go over 20%. During application, you feel an uncomfortable burning sensation. After application the acid is to be neutralized with baking soda solution and washed thoroughly to remove all traces of acid from your skin. Avoid all direct sun contact for upto a week after application as the skin becomes UV sensitive and wear a high SPF sunblock when out in the sun.
I have been using 40% every week for the past few weeks and my skin has become more clear than before. I also have a bottle of 60% solution for my stretch marks which I haven’t used yet.
In conclusion, glycolic acid peel has been an answer to my prayers, and all my bad skin woes It is a life-saver if used correctly. But it is not for the faint at heart.